Monday, September 21, 2009

A quick word about ratings

I've hummed and harred about whether or not to append ratings to my restaurant reviews for a long while now. I feel I'm somehow not qualified to be passing judgment on the creations of chefs who have spent their lives mastering and perfecting their techniques. Be that as it may, several readers have requested ratings as a way of comparing restaurants - seeing which might be suitable for any ocassion and etc.

So, I have done my best to present ratings across four facets. I find it hard to really present comparable ratings though, so I have sort of taken The French Cafe as my measure of excellence on this account. Though it may not gain a perfect score over all categories, it would be remarkably close on my scale, and I perceive it to be the best fine dining experience in Auckland.


1 comment:

  1. Love your blog raymond, lol!

    Tim here btw. I'm not sure if I agree with French Cafe being the benchmark, but everyone to their own :) Good to know you are so detailed with your taste buds

    ReplyDelete